Neurobiology and its Applications to Psychotherapy
- To be able to distinguish and describe the main areas of neurobiology research where it is applicable to psychological therapies.
- To be able to understand and explain the historical development of neurobiology as a science in such areas that overlap with psychological processes.
- To compile the main neurobiological features of emotional and relational processes, regulation, dysregulation and the relationship of these to a range of psychopathologies.
- To list the developmental issues that impact on neurobiological functioning.
- To become more confident in applying neurobiology to your own treatment strategies.