Advances in Relational Psychotherapy
- To be able describe the concepts of 'an intersubjective process' and 'co-creation of meaning'
- To be able to discuss and problematize the value of egalitarianism in relational psychotherapy
- To be able outline how relational psychoanalysis grew out of earlier therapeutic schools of thought
- To be able to evaluate the work of at least 3 major relational theorists' understanding of impasses, and ruptures in the therapeutic relationship
- To be able to evaluate the extent to which an understanding of past relational trauma provides access to a patient's behaviour in therapy
- To be able to consider the extent to which enactments may be influenced by the therapist's own relational history